Friday 18 December 2009

Aspen leaves


Said the earth to the sky

Take me into your open palm

Wrap around me, hold me tight

Lift me onto the wings of a breeze

Pull me upwards help me rise

Leave in its wake my gems and a quiver

Trembling bodies dispersed behind

Like aspen leaves that dance in time

Shake off thy shadows but see them so

Accept them, love them, see them whole

Listen to them, unite them, speak try to speak

Further and further up I rise

Etched into land the shadows shrink

As gravity explodes and stars sail by

A thousand particles sweep to the spot

Transforming shapes to be born anew




Said the sky to the earth

Rest your head close your eyes

Take some stardust, take them inside

Feel them glitter, absorb within

Glow my dear and grow

A thousand branches embrace together

A bottle trunk a watery well

To dip inside in times of strife

Parched is the land, burnt is the grass

Wash thy face, water thy core

And may roots spread across the river beds

And may leaves flutter as they travel

Never alone, never ceasing

Always alive, always breathing.



No comments:

Post a Comment