Wednesday 7 July 2010

Your smile

When asked to speak about Melissa one day a tremor I sensed from a distance away
I heard and I felt spine raising tingles, the slam of a door and Star Wars key jingles
It won’t be hard to find words I say, I’ve spoken to the kids – it’ll be ok
We tried to film, we tried to take shots, with Rob ending up tied in all knots
What will we do? She’s hard to pin down, diversions have created a permanent frown
So we test and we wait in silence we see, let’s watch her react for a moment of glee.

Don't ask any questions, don't tell a lie, I'll sing and I'll dance until you try
Excel about dollar signs for absolute truth, Unplug the cables - DON’T its uncouth!
Buttons on printers are made to be GREEN, so when anyone comes, why CAN'T it be SEEN?
Listen to me now! I won’t repeat! God! What now? The clock’s lost its feet?
Or is it the hands? They’ve frozen in time… the IT Crowd - You’re truly subliiiiiiime…
C hocolate cake treats, no coursework for now ,break duty calls on Mondays but how?
I’m fixing a problem, I hum and I ha… I never did realise but I sing la-la-la

So into the rabbit hole let’s jump in our skins before Leed’s Rhinos sit on our shins
Oakley was waiting his eyes puppy wide clear, Oakley, dear Oakley, you’re ever so dear
Eyes oh eyes, the mirrors tell all, s o let us in before we grow tall
The inner child, the inner retreat, an honest heart rests on a seat
And the key is work and hard work it is true, even at times when one feels so blue
The marking is thorough and good feedback a plus, students are teachers and learners are us
Listen o listen, to the eyes and the feet, reveal that smile, it’s ever so sweet!

We love you, we'll miss you, but what can we do? Love us and miss us for our hearts are all true.

No comments:

Post a Comment